Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sneaky Singtel

Last Thursday I recontract my mobile with them for another 24 months and in return I get to trade in my E63 for $100 and got a SE Xperia X10 for $198. Regrettably the salesperson didn't inform me that I would also receive 30 days of unwanted free mobile content, which would become chargeable afterward. I was wondering over the past few days why was I getting all these smses from ST, Reuters etc., Chagrined, I just called 1688 and got them to terminate it. :-(

This selling by stealth is unethical. Sadly these days the only value that rule is money and the criminal code. They will do it as long as they have not broken the law. If so, we would have to broaden the law but that is not a practical option. It would lead to runaway cost and paralysis.

Moral decay every where.


Mobile ContentSelect Mobile Contents
you would like to unsubscribe
SPH Singapore News 
Receive up-to-date news from The Straits Times, The Business Times and The New Paper. Customer can receive up to 3 SMS per day from Mon- Fri and 1 SMS on Sat. Subscribe now and get 30 days for $0.10.
InspirationalVoice * 
Inspirational Voice (SMS Subscription)
Reuters Asia News * 
Reuters Asia News (SMS Subscription)

No comments:

Post a Comment