Thursday, March 24, 2011

I found George

George had approached me earlier this month whilst I was buying food at the hawker centere. This afternoon it was me who found him. Again he asked for $2. Since he was alone, I took the opportunity to ask him why he needs the money. He told me he was short. I asked how was he making a living. Well, he lives in Block 18. Since he owns the place, he has rented part of the house and living off the rental.

This time, I noticed he was toothless. I wondered what had happened, but I was in a hurry to bring lunch back to the children.

Something tells me that if we chanced upon each other, he would ask me for $2 again. Not a problem. I shall learn his story sometime. Meanwhile he doesn't look the worse for wear. Let it be for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment