Sunday, May 1, 2011

A call from SDP

I just got a call from SDP. No, they didn't come. They visited with technology by calling into our house phone with a recorded message. Sure, a personal visit would be nice but I am looking over the horizon and thinking how these guys would relate to voters using technology. Let's be realistic, how meaningful can a one-minute house visit be? Sure some residents would get more face time but I am not that sort. When Vivian Balakrishnan came years back, I was more concerned that he could finish his target for the night. Also there is the quality of the encounter, which always hovers around, "Do you have any problems?" I hate that. I also know like most of my neighbors, our problems are best solved on our own. We do not need the MP help. Anyway the only time I needed help, they didn't respond. I went to the government instead. I emailed George Yeo.

The SDP message played for a while. I toyed with it by showing it to the rest of the family. We weren't interested in the message. It was the novelty of their approach that piqued us. I decided to took a video of it and manage to catch a little before it timeout.

No comments:

Post a Comment