Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Re-examining Vivian Balakrishan

Vivian B's four lessons from her mom are perfect. The problem is his failure to draw the correct line between tough love and being uncaring. The other problem is not every family is like his family. Margaret Thatcher felt what she needed to know to run a country she had learnt from running a home, but that is just political rhetoric. Vivian was foolish enough to bought that. His mom's excellent upbringing of him only provided the base to launch off. He needs to add lots more. When he thinks that is the only rule book needed, that's trouble. The world outside your home is far more complex. Those apple pie principles are very attractive but not real life ready until guided with greater understanding and compassion. Forget about the word empathy. It has been over used in this elections. Had he tried to apply those maxims to the sorts Mother Teresa's charities aim to help, they are utterly useless. People out there have such varied and complex backgrounds which his naivety cannot home to handle correctly.

This is a real problem for me. I am unsure if he really cares or just one great pretender. He has not passed the test of time. I am sorry, you are just too savvy for me to handle. I think I feel more secure if the PAP had placed another in my GRC.

No comments:

Post a Comment