Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Voting: Inching closer to a decision.

I just emailed my ex boss who used to work for Dr. Goh, Yong Pung How etc.,  This is what I told her.

My decision making becomes easier if I only think of my kids and nothing for myself. Most of what they have gained did not come from the government. The major benefit they have is their parents could somehow make an adequate living and bring them up, I suppose courtesy of their economic initiatives. However it also helped that their parents had not listened to the government going about it. The school system is no good for them....

I have also decided that I cannot worry about how others vote and they shouldn't be concerned about how I am voting either. Those who have not lived under a bad government or worse, a tyrannical regime do not appreciate the power of the vote they are given. Never vote for less freedom no matter the risk especially in a connected and knowledge world. 

The PAP does a more than decent job but circumscribe our possibilities, manage our expectation and imagination and hate surprises. They equate surprises as Black Swans, which is not always true. There is little room for serendipity.

Finally to see my children grow up in an atmosphere of fear and afraid to lose, that is no way to live at all. I recall how they are so much more afraid of their teachers here than in Dubai.

So much for "securing our long term future together". I have until Saturday morning to make up my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment