Sunday, June 19, 2011

A channel of grace closes

The channel of grace from me to my friend unfortunately has closed. The Lord will arrange another channel. For as long as there is life there is hope. Similarly I expect some closed channels elsewhere to be reopened with me. That is how the community of believers work.

From Matthew 10 (The Message)

If they don't welcome you, quietly withdraw. Don't make a scene. Shrug your shoulders and be on your way. 

It was helpful that I had some inkling to expect this. Of course, I had found it difficult to believe, but when it came, there was no surprise.

It had been a very difficult four years. I can take absence from this one and wait for the outcome in the distant future. We need to have faith in Joseph stories.

And blessed is he who is not offended with me.” 

It can't get harder than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment