Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Channel of grace opens

Today is a good day. I got an email from someone so long ago that I definitely cannot remember what he looks like now. He was still a primary school boy when I last met him. I have been trying to get him to respond to me for more than three years. I remember sending him an important book before we relocated to Dubai. Sometime later, I discovered he had given up his email, terminated his connection to the Internet and I thought it was a big setback.

But I have his address, and I continue to send him birthday cards. A few days ago, I printed and sent him a book on John the Baptist. As in times past, I expected no response from him. I was wrong.

First thing this morning he emailed me :-) I informed his sis about it.

I replied his email and he responded again.

The years of waiting and prayer is producing the sort of results that I can understand. Remember we can only see limited picture of what is really going on. Remember Daniel's prayer and the shocking answer that came back.

As a channel of grace closes, another one opens. Didn't expect it to come so soon, but what do I know about these things?

In the end, I am only answering and acting on the question: Who is my neighbor? I also hope to visit my cancer stricken friend again when school reopens.

Neighbors get thrusted into my lives unplanned, unannounced. Like I sometime said to wifey, I just respond as per my programming. However being human, only on one occasion, I really gave it my all because the Lord had used her to teach me the first lessons of his love. This is then recycled for reaching out to others. Don't we all learn this way? As they say, charity begins at home. Tragically she was an utter disappointment, a real and prolonged heart pain. I cannot understand but what can I do? For that I get the Cousin of Christ story for explanation.

Nobody loves him, so he had to love us first. Like in Romans 9, I find it hard to accept why some people get such spectacular opportunities to show they hate him. Therefore we must not judge.

A godly woman once said, "God did not ask us to be successful; he only asks us to be faithful" I am still learning the wisdom of this profound statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment