Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Learning Patience: The Greatest is Love

Went to shoot some photos of some places this morning before they are all gone. I should have taken a photo of this place years back, but I had preferred not to remember. All that has changed since a few years ago as the Lord preferred to do the opposite. I guessed I wasn't ready before.

There was a HDB block beyond the pedestrian crossing. Now demolished, I had a friend who used to lived there. Often we had to park our cars in the car park in front of the block when we run out of parking space (very quickly) in the compound. But way before all these, when I was still a secondary school student, I used to stand at the the porch watching these pair of lights waiting for Irene to come for Maths tuition. She was often late by almost an hour and often she didn't even turn up. She didn't know, but it was used by the Lord for a very young person as the second step to learn his ways, "The Greatest is Love" As I got older, the interval between lessons got shorter. God is radical, he even turned his lessons upside down. We shouldn't be surprised. Open your eyes and see in the scriptures that was the pattern too.

As a teenager, that was a many repeat lessons to learn to be patient. I look at my kids now, given their environment they could not be independent or mature as quickly. Ditto my friends' children.

No comments:

Post a Comment