Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pay ERP, still Jam

Rare for me, but was caught in heavy traffic this morning. Now musing to myself (I am sure many share this sentiment) so what if we pay the ERP charge? The traffic was crawling. I imagine the shopkeepers in Tanglin Mall must have felt worse given the recent shock flooding. Now all these are nothing compared to the unlucky fifteen year old boy who lost his life from accidentally stepping into the drain during a recent flooding at Mounbatten.

A reminder to what I had submitted to the Review committee that no pay is low enough if the government do not perform. To be fair, it is a very good government. To be fairer, they made the mistake of talking bigger than they could deliver. To add insult to injury they often play a heads I win, tail you lose game with us.

If we don't reverse this trend, we will be very sorry for ourselves. Changes are afoot. Let's see where we are going. Next to watch is the Presidential Elections. I can believe my eyes that SR Nathan might run again. As for Tony Tan, he is definitely a PAP man. His job at the GIC, does it not create an extended conflict of interest if he becomes President? I doubt there would be much support from the voters for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment