Thursday, June 16, 2011

Will Greece default?

Will Greece default? The market thinks so. I don't know but this is what I am thinking. The technicals are highly complex and I can't follow them; the historical record of other economies in similar straits very bad except for Latvia. My latest thoughts hover around the self interests of euro politicians. Can't solve the problem, no courage to deal with it, they are now calculating how to save their reputations and careers. They will fiddle while Greece and more burn as long as they are not consumed along with it.

www.bbc.co.uk
EU commissioners have a "profound sense of foreboding" about Greece and the future of the eurozone, a leaked account of a meeting suggests.

See also: Chances of a Euro breakup now increasing.

Update: Greek Crisis eases for now (Jun 18)

So they have decided to kick the can down the road once more, but I suppose the distance you can take it away gets nearer and nearer!

No comments:

Post a Comment