Sunday, October 16, 2011

eBay Sucks!

eBay is clearly on the slippery slope. Glad I am not a merchant on their platform. Again I couldn't pay for goods I bought with their preferred provider: Paypal.

I accidentally discovered I could start a chat session with them. A few days earlier I had called them. That was a useless session, the problem not solved.

As I write this I am waiting for their reply to come on chat. Put me on and after 15 mins, still no response.

I have evidence in the transcript on the left.

eBay sucks. Glad I am not an investor in their stock. They are going down. Amazon can take over.

Update: Problem solved. Jessy stopped being incommunicado after an hour. Gave me some nonsensical suggestions and finally suggested that I checked my mailing address, which is correct of course.  However an idea occurred to me as I pore through my account. There was another unused shipping address from long ago. It had never caused any problems but I decided to delete it. A hunch I had from my time as a software engineer long ago. True enough, it worked.

eBay owed me one here. I told Jessy how to solve this problem if other members approach them with a similar "cannot make payment" issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment