Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Einstein Vs Jobs

I shall never tire of this quote by Albert Einstein. In fact, I must find sometime to read the biographies of the good genius professor and Steve Jobs by the same author: Walter Isaacson.

Jobs divide the world between the smarts and the many shitheads or bozos. Einstein was kinder.

I am not here to judge the two men. I am afraid to judge myself even, for that arrogantly claims complete self knowledge. I just cherish that though many geniuses are jerks, e.g. Edison, Ford etc., there are also many who aren't.

I wonder what I would discover. I think there is more to be learned from Einstein than Jobs. I mean, that professor was obviously insightful and wise. I think most people would disagree with me because privately they want to have Jobs' success and power. Dream on! Better to take Einstein advice and find out if you are mammal, foul or fish right?

I have talked too much. The idea of this blog post is later to revisit and see if I have changed my mind after reading the two books. That must at least be months away.

1 comment:

  1. You do realise that Einstein was a jerk as well right? He had at least 6 documented affairs whilst married to his second wife, whom he met while still married to his first wife.

    He also had a long list of bizarre rules for his first wife, which she had to follow if they were to remain married.

    "B. You will renounce all personal relations with me insofar as they are not completely necessary for social reasons. Specifically, you will forego
    1.my sitting at home with you;
    2.my going out or traveling with you.

    C. You will obey the following points in your relations with me:
    1.you will not expect any intimacy from me, nor will you reproach me in any way;
    2.you will stop talking to me if I request it;
    3.you will leave my bedroom or study immediately without protest if I request it.

    Source: http://www.rayfowler.org/2007/10/01/albert-einsteins-wedding-contract/

    There is plenty to learn from Einstein... about physics. (though even he got plenty of that wrong. The second half of his career was entirely unproductive...)

    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete