Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Note on aircon service

Aircon system being serviced today. Another one would be due in six months time. I had hoped to only ask them come only in early December. The system is so new, less than a year old. I assumed it was safe to skip the first six-month service. Problem is one of the units began to drip water a few days ago, but has since stopped.

The unit doesn't look very dirty at all, and except for the first couple of months I haven't bothered with cleaning it myself.


I have not seen this in my previous system. They practically gutted the unit and took it to the bathroom for a thorough bath! Only the electronics remain.

One of the tech told me he was here last year to install the Starmex! My apologies I couldn't recognize him. All these slender young men from China look the same to me.

And when does one call them in to service the aircon? The manuals recommend half yearly service. A lot of assumptions about use go into producing that advice. I think it is when the you need to set the temp lower by up to two degrees to get the same cooling as when it was newly cleaned. Trust your instinct, develop the gut feel. We are not machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment