Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Opposition MPs contribution in Parliament

I haven't the time to read all these speeches by MPs in parliament. Going over what Sylvia Lim and Lina Chiam had said, in particular the former, I think opposition MPs serve a very useful purpose in forcing the reexamination of sacred cows constantly. There is obviously a significant quarter of the population whose voice could not be represented by the PAP. Better be heard in Parliament than on the streets right?

I thought Cedric Foo (I expected better from him) was just inane in his criticism of Sylvia Lim's speech. Where on earth did he get those ideas from her speech to abolish GDP?

Raise the game guys! Don't be snide or bullying.

Update: Just came from discovering and reading Chen Show Mao's maiden speech. This guy made a lot of sense. Of course it is the pain, and I hope actually a joy when taken with the right spirit and motivation that the details are to be worked out. With boldness and imagination. If a failure is sincere, people are willing to forgive. But a defensive attitude, hints of cover ups, only invite more brickbats.

Gerald Giam did well with doing his homework in his maiden speech. So different from my PAP MP who I just cannot forget, a lawyer with First Class Honours cannot tell that the GST is a regressive tax. In the end Tharman had to rescue him. Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment