Thursday, December 8, 2011

Update: Fighting Cancer

I visited my friend today. Brought her Hershey's Reese we got for her from our recent SF trip. They are much cheaper over there even if I have no inkling how true it was. I just saw it at Safeway, picked up two bags of it. We didn't really care how much it cost. She wanted it and so we got it.

It was a very pleasant surprise when I saw her walking into the living room using only a walking stick. No more walking frame, which was now parked neatly against a wall.

The docs had given up hope but as far as successive six week interval test go, she is doing alright. God has answered prayers to regain ambulation very slowly, but quickly or slowly, a Yes is still a Yes.

Pain is a constant companion battling advanced cancer. I am making it a mental note on that. It was the first thing she said to me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment