Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year Firsts

I practically greet each morning checking email on my mobile or Kindle Fire. The first item on my inbox is a rare email from an old friend. They wrote to tell us about the financial needs of going into full time ministry. This is well and good but a thought immediately hit me. 2012 is a year where fewer people make long term plans. Those in the loop with what was driving last year into this new year, many would already be quite happy if they can navigate this year successfully. Their faith would be tested more than they expect.

The first meal of the year, I bought chwee kueh for wifey and myself a dou-sa ping for breakfast. Then I sat before my PC and typed this first post of the year.

It had been a busy 2011. For the first time, I didn't even have the time to look at our wedding pics yesterday. It would be more hectic this year.

Update: Might label this as the second thing I did on New Year's Day. One thing led to another. Calendars are only markers. Reality flows continuously on the timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment