Sunday, June 24, 2012

Can't Spell, Can Write

An irony of life is that there are some who cannot spell but can write. This morning I had to help my daughter with spelling words for the Econs exams tomorrow but just a day earlier, she had posted her 100th poem to her blog.



My 100th poem

Yes I have reached a hundred
And I have many more to go
But more can I write?
I really do not know

I have written about butterflies
And the deep blue sea
I have written of forests

I have talked about birds
And their beautiful songs
And I have talked about people

I have written about the stars
Dancing in the night
In the dark of the night

I have spoken about the clouds
I have written of hope

I have written so many things
What else should I write?
Perhaps I will find more inspiration
In the wind and tide

Copyright © 2012 by May Kwek

No comments:

Post a Comment