Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Financial help for NUS students








































A friend shared this article on facebook. It piqued my interest to read the article from 'The Kent Ridge Common" because he commented, "..like the part where she talked to the cleaners.."

As I pored over the article I kept asking myself if I had done the right thing to refuse to financially support the bursary program my classmates are trying to establish. I decided I would rather (I don't think I am alone here) quietly offer help. I think when it comes to funding the universities, this government have its priorities wrong. This government is so extremely good with money matters they have even priced intangibles to be sold. This is foolish.

1 comment:

  1. The government should offer financial assistance to our Singapore citizens who qualify for higher education whilst at the same time,provide top foreign students with scholarships as what the Colombo plan did for our top students when we were a developing country,most of our Colombo plan scholars did well,whilst the host countries such as Australia,NZ,Canada were also happy.
    Our current system calls for immediate adjustment,it is hoped that the new minister Mr Heng,and his assistant Ms Sim can understand the the plights of our own citizens.
    Some of our students are bitter and it is imporatnt that the authority truly understand the causes of these bitterness.

    ReplyDelete