Saturday, October 13, 2012

Beware the Galaxy S3 Gallery App

Beware the Gallery app than works with the Camera on your Galaxy S3.

I was shocked to discover from my Singtel App that I had consumed 100 Mb of traffic yesterday :-( Just a day before, I had only used up 5Mb. What happened?

A little sleuthing revealed the culprit was the Gallery app. I have since disabled it. Apparently it was pulling down photos from my Picasa and Facebook accounts in the background when I was flipping through the pics I took at Gardens by the Bay yesterday. There is no point is confining the app to only pay attention to photos in the phone because each time you switched off the phone and when it is turned back on it defaults to all photo sources. Best to just kill it and stay with the trusty QuickPic.

No comments:

Post a Comment