Monday, November 12, 2012

Android has become old

Did I upgrade to Android Jelly Bean just to have a prettier looking alarm clock?

I know if I were to look up the improvements of 4.1 over 4.0 there will be a long list but as a somewhat experienced user, Android smacks of a mature OS ecosystem. A young OS moves from one upgrade to another smoothly with almost no trade offs. Now my password app and Polaris aren't working properly. I discovered that I am not alone when I visited Polaris Facebook page. Some more experienced users were afraid that 4.1 might impair Polaris.

I hardly watch TV and Microsoft must be touting Win 8 like crazy because I had seen them dancing in that box uncountable times. Good for MediaCorp but I am not the least interested in the new OS even if it were offered free. Again that's a mature ecosystem. It is a hassle to upgrade and some apps are bound not to run properly afterward. The way Microsoft forces you to adopt Win 8 like that had with Win 7 is to pre-install them on new machines. Of course they can't do this to large corporates. By the way giving two different OS the same moniker except for the last two characters show how desperate Microsoft is. Can't be helped right? Sounds pretty much like how the Singapore government would act too. Now this brings my mind to a post which I decided not to put up: Singapore Airlines.

SQ CEO said they will invest in all aspects of the firm. Does he thinks money fall from the sky? Usually when you shoot at everything you don't know what you really want to shoot at. I fear for our national icon under this new CEO. I just hope I had misunderstood him.

No comments:

Post a Comment