Monday, March 4, 2013

Ang Lee's Dream in an Essay

Full translation of Ang Lee's essay written in 2006.

I was just telling myself over and over again this morning, I have no time for Facebook. Then I found this. You gotta make time because Facebook is so full of serendipity. I have the right friends eh?

Can talented and dogged dream chasers realize their dreams in Singapore? Consider ourselves fortunate that we could even entertain this possibility. It would be a joke in most countries.

I don't think we can, but if we are smart we want to grow the flow there and back between us and America. Isn't Israel already doing that? I just got "Star Up Nation" yesterday. I think that book will make it clearer.

Perhaps I am running ahead of myself. But a big and broad bridge between us and America could eventually help us to find our niches for certain types of dreams. However most dreams would straddle the two places and I am afraid many would just be completely made there. We must try. Failure cost nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment