Friday, March 1, 2013

Susan Long interviews Lee Li Lian

I quickly discovered that this Susan Long's interview reads better with the heart than the mind.

Throughout I can't helped comparing this with the under privileged background of Koh Poh Koon. They ought to be similar but yet they are completely different.

More can identify with her than KPK's. In fact KPK Cinderalla's story with him admitting as much is more fantasy than real these days. These days more people watch and read about meritocracy than lived it.

Lee Li Lian does not offer herself as an example. Neither is the path she took the new success formula. It is a character story, not a success story. It is one more person who has arrived to serve and with other like minded people begin to figure out how to rework things. It's is once off or not to be repeated too often story.

Singapore is in transition.

You want people with her background to succeed.


In her own words.



She now lives by this simple dictum, which governs all her interactions: "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care."

"I'm not someone very ambitious," she adds, half-apologetically. "I want to be remembered as a filial daughter to my parents, a supportive partner to my husband and a loving mother to my children. Last but not least, a friend people can count on."

No comments:

Post a Comment