Thursday, April 18, 2013

Higher Hawker Prices

This table would become immensely interesting years from today. I recalled my mom telling me how chicken rice used to be 70 cents and char siew rice was 50 cents. I was way too young to buy them. At some point OPEC embargoed oil and the prices of every item shot through the roof. Those prices never returned.

I still buy chicken rice for $2.50 but usually we asked for the "big" one for the children which would be a $1 more. These prices do not compensate for smaller portions!

It is interesting that ST had used the statistical mode. How many people would understand I wonder.

People by and large are missing an important fact of life. Prices are unpredictable. Therefore unless you are not just rich but uber rich, retirement with decades stretching ahead is a fool's life plan. They don't know that the financial system and the economy is run such that retirees will be suckers.

Now would this blog be around long enough to make this post really interesting, assuming that I am not killed by some fatal disease prematurely, return here shriveled and gray to read this?

No comments:

Post a Comment