Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Personal Note: Brad Pitt about Angelina Jolie


I shall start from the bottom. These two adulterers. This is so unfair, what they have got was undeserved. Now time to stop and go to the top. I had on more than one occasion written beautiful things about Angelina Jolie. What I am seeing is the wonderful and undeserved grace of God in their lives, a God who often doesn't even mind if you do not credit him. His generosity is beyond imagination. If God does not judge them, after all they are living his bountiful grace, it is a powerful reminder for us not to judge others.

Brad Pitt shows how powerful loving your woman is. He finally grew up. We could wished he stayed with and loved Jennifer Aniston but real life is so messy and imperfect in ways we never understood.

Brad Pitt is a lucky man because I see around me very few and I am being generous, gets it.

For years in church and at too many wedding services, the preacher regularly spoke of two becoming one and how they partnered each other. Whilst they aren't wrong, they and many of us hearers didn't know it was putting the cart before the horse. We also didn't know such real life lessons were almost impossible to learn unless God graciously intervenes. That's why I will not judge the many men who don't get it. It is a gift and cannot be earned.

My grand aunt was wise. More than once went I visited her every CNY she told me in Teochew that I must love my wife, but I never get it, never. To me it was equal partnership as I was taught in church and the Christian literature I had read. That was it.

But the Lord fixed it as he had with getting Peter to meet Cornelius and Paul riding into Damascus, i.e., unexpected and surprising, I am one of the lucky ones and who would have imagined I learned this from of all people in the world, her. If she reads this she will recognize herself. A wife is meant more to be loved than as a partner, and I meant the partnership those clueless preachers were purportedly preaching from the Bible for years. They still do going by the recent wedding I was invited to.  The clueless preacher who used to be my Sunday School teacher years ago was talking about the quarrel over squeezing toothpaste tube at the end or in the middle the foible and trifles....except by undeserved grace, how could we ever learn? Today the God-Man continues to ask, "Who do you think I am?" but the preacher's boy now a young man is completely disillusioned with Christianity and want nothing to do with the church. This I am not surprised but his grace I shall always.


Update: June 20

Brad Pitt's one line:  the woman is a reflection of her man. This is a convenient point to expand on this because I just happened to come across a resource I can immediately use. Refer to The Romance of Grace.

Update: July 27 2015

Snopes now gives the low down. The story was false but other information about the couple did detract the ideas in the post.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if Brad Pitt reads this himself but in case he does I wish to comment on the personal photos by him of Angelina J.
    Brad, from another photographer, they are brilliant. I was absolutely blown away by your interpretation of her. You have such an artists eye. Thank you for sharing them with us. I enjoyed them very much. What a gift you have for photography!!!! Pat Smith

    ReplyDelete