Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Rising Power with no Class

This is a rising power with no class. Barely a month after Ding Jinhao defaced a 3,500 year old Egyptian monument we have this.

China will be a nation of huge gaps of every sort for a very long time. Never mind that Chinese netizens are often outraged at the misdemeanor of their own people. The supply of such brutish folks is practically inexhaustible. At some point cities and provinces could compete with each other on social graces but they have other more urgent and some mis-prioritized items to get to at the moment.












I didn't blog about this as I thought let it pass, forgive and forget. Looking back I was too distracted and in denial.

I will have many opportunities to document their bad behavior here but I am not that keen perhaps until someone deface our Merlion?

The trouble with the Chinese is that they are too preoccupied with becoming rich and powerful. They might be feared sometime but never respected and certainly not loved. I hope they learn some lessons from their forays into Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment