Friday, June 14, 2013

Privacy and the Internet

Anyone who thinks this is just an American thingy with no bearing of us is clueless and worse in danger. You can have privacy or you can have the Internet; you cannot have both. Well said!

I was lucky to have taken to heart something I learned from Alvin Toffler in the late 80s, i.e., information technology is going faster than you can control it. That's why this blog isn't private because that would be a false privacy with a false sense of security. I didn't trust Google but there was an even bigger and darker shadow looking over everything. This could become a very meaningful Big Brother but my practical worries are with the arrogant, god playing smaller brothers scattered over the face of this world.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peng You

    Alvin Toffler is my idol !

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_Toffler

    ReplyDelete