Thursday, December 12, 2013

Cute Salvation Army Calendar

Received this very cute calendar from the Salvation Army last night. This must be the loveliest calendar they had ever given in the last twenty odd years I think. I think we made a five figure donation long ago which I always tend to remember as four figure and wonder to wifey why were they always inviting us to events which we never show up. Today, when we are unsure who to give to, it is to the Salvation Army that we direct our funds.

These days we prefer to give to those who were missed or ignored and so have real money problems. There is so much money floating around this country and especially the large charities, they have no problem raising funds. Of course they tell you this isn't true but I don't believe them.

These days there are also many scams but my exposure to these are limited to $10. But my track record here has been very bad and it has gone down to $0. I believe these miscreants make a very good living because there are too many generous and unwitting givers.




No comments:

Post a Comment