Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Little India Riot: 28 to be charged


Time to remind myself that there are lots of Singaporeans who are really unhappy with the numbers and consequences of having so many FWs and FTs among us. I am sure more comments like the ones here will appear as this post stays around longer on Facebook.

We have become overly emotional about the FW and especially FT issues. To be overly emotional is just another way of saying we are over reacting and irrational in our response. To me, this government took so many things here for granted and pushed their luck too far. It has backfired badly and net we are worse off despite the tangible economic gains.

In fact, they have lost my support for them. Each time I tried to cut them some slack but always after a few weeks I changed my mind. Even if they are right they are just such abysmal failures at selling their policies. A reason why it has been so difficult is they could not even sell who and what they are to many of us. This they-we divide is killing them. Some policies I agree with them in private but not publicly as a result. If the people don't buy them, they are stillborn.

I am currently reading 59 seconds, a book I got from my brother. There are some simple and tested explanations why the PAP ministers are failing to communicate successfully.

Update: 7:30 pm

Just as I thought. I came back to my PC from dinner and the first item on my Facebook wall, 2 hours old and here are some comments on a CNA article on this topic.





No comments:

Post a Comment