Saturday, January 18, 2014

Citi: End of a relationship



It was Josiah Stamp who famously said that banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. To me banks are just pimps. Regrettably you cannot avoid them but you have to always know on which side you are with them, and it keeps changing. When you are on the wrong side, it is time to move. In this case and for the first time in my banking experience, they made the move first.

Most important do not begrudge banks. Just use them. I feel sorry for those who had been massively hurt by them. I was among the few spared because I knew that they are shameless pimps. Always know, never trust them.

So can banking change? You might as well ask can human nature change. A few can but most cannot. However history shows if given hundreds and may be a couple of thousand years, it is possible. Because grace abounds!



No comments:

Post a Comment