Saturday, January 11, 2014

Latest Train De-train

It is fortuitous I waited for a graphic like this to use before I make a record of this event.

We were having lunch at 'Grandma' in Suntec city when my friend Whatsapp me with pics of the detraining between Kranji and Yew Tee.

How to raise fares without an unforgettable backlash from the voters with such low reliability?

Any sane minister would never want to have the present reality. It wasn't suppose to be like this. This is not the Singapore Way. So why are we in this position?

To me this happened because the we took our excellence for granted and went with maximizing profitability. But in the long run when the sums are added up this is a loser.

I have read Lim Siong Guan's book and nowhere could I find anything about how he had successfully passed the baton to the next generation of policy makers. Excellence is unnatural and always have to be worked at. Decay is natural.

I feel sorry for Lui Tuck Yew to have assumed this job. The big failures is on the shoulder of the previous minister Raymond Lim.


1 comment:

  1. Failure came from a collective of people/policies involved. Liu Tuck Yew, Saw Phiak Hua & management team, mass immigration policies without proper planning of infrastructures, poor contingency due to complacency, underpaid/stagnant wages ground personnel, space constraint with knocking and errecting of more walls/retail shops. Put them together, it is a perfect storm and still is for many more years until it sink beyond recognition when 6.9m kicks in.

    ReplyDelete