Thursday, January 23, 2014

Shan on Anton Casey


Today Shanmugam becomes Shan for me on this blog. This is to be regarded as a thumbs up. This chap doesn't speak like his ministerial colleague especially those from the military or civil service. You can see he tries and often succeed at wearing our shoes when he speaks.

I agree completely with Shan on what he said about Anton Casey. Yes, we must and can be bigger than that.

We have targeted him and not the British expat community. That's is some maturity.

And I found this at ST report on what Shan said.

  • Mette Langebæk As an Expat living here in Singapore, I'm deeply impressed by your flawless mrt and bus system. It's the way of the future. Coming from a country (Denmark)where we are very concerned about the environment, I feel almost envious about the infrastructure in singapore. Congratulations! My husband and I have chosen not to have a car here, and we manage very well. 
    Way to go Singapore!!
    Like · Reply · 67 · about an hour ago

Good for this expat family. I am glad you have high praise for our public transport system because it is much better than where you come from, but as locals we must compare and remember that the system used to be better. For benchmarking we need to compare ourselves against our betters and endeavor to close the gap with them especially Hong Kong MTR, which is even older than our system.

Back to Anton Casey, let's leave him aside and show compassion for his wife and son. We shouldn't punish him and allow his family to be collateral damage. Time to forgive even if he didn't sincerely apologize. I don't believe he is stupid enough to repeat this. Now he knows he can't make the good living he has been enjoying here back in the UK.

1 comment:

  1. I have plenty of time for this Minister who is in charge of two heavy weight portfolios immaculately...

    ReplyDelete