Friday, May 16, 2014

Night Safari Tickets and Ng Eng Hen

Just got this in the email. I thought what is the big deal. It used to cost slightly more than $20. We were FOZ members for both the day and night zoo since the children we in strollers until they were too old to qualify for FOZ.

But I was wrong. Huge sticker shock here: $39 for adult and $25 for children.

I have no time to go and gather the best examples to prove one of my most disliked ministers that he was and often wrong. He is none other than Ng Eng Hen, always fond of blaming us for everything the government do wrong. He said things are expensive because our aspirations keep going up. In fact, our aspiration have gone down and prices gone up. Tickets to Night Safari is a convenient example but the devastating example is in housing.

There was a time the government built almost no three room flats because people could afford and want four room or bigger. Fast forward to the present, many people are happy to afford three room flats. My mistake, they aren't happy but have over time learn to moderate their aspirations and learn to accept and then gradually be happy with three room flats.

Ng Eng Hen talked nonsense half the time but I am not going to waste time listing them here. He got me so angry I could remember some of them. I don't need to record them here to remind me.


No comments:

Post a Comment