Thursday, May 8, 2014

Oh, Humans of New York

I first came across 'Humans of New York' as a book at Amazon. I thought my friend's daughter having to leave NY to return to Singapore would appreciate and so I told them about the book. Not sure if they picked it up.

Today my sis pointed this out from mashable via Facebook, and I found this YouTube clip. So this the dude who started it all. Excellent.


I imagine many boys and girls would love to do like he is doing. Many of them might think they can't do an equivalent in Singapore. They shouldn't think that way. I think some can pull this off but what might be very difficult in our corner of the world is to make money from such activities. We just aren't evolved to that point yet to back such projects with money. Well if we don't trip up, we will get there. Meanwhile it is a tough growing up experience for our young torn between their uncertain passion and the pressure to make a living. I say uncertain because much of the passion youths often talked about, I think they just aren't passionate enough to take it down the path less traveled. At the end of the day, it is their rite of passage. We had ours, a simpler rite in as simpler world. We learned to be happy rising to the responsibilities thrust upon us. This is when you metamorphose from kid to adult. No Ah Boys to Men in the SAF, that's superficial.


No comments:

Post a Comment