Sunday, August 31, 2014

Death Valley Moving Rocks

I just joined more than a million folks over the last couple of days wanting to understand how those rocks moved. The mystery has finally been solved.


In another life of course not in Singapore, I imagined myself to be a scientist trying to understand and explain how this world and the universe work. That would have been the trajectory of my life from upper primary school if I were American. But as I grew older I felt the pressure to be more practical minded. I kept the thinking skills but apply them to business problems instead. Perhaps we will create the conditions for the children not yet born to follow their curiosity. I am simply not born at the right time and place. This is true even for my children especially when I get to hear how research at A*Star is managed. It's alright, our responsibility and joy is to serve our purpose and then return to our maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment