Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Excited about this rechargeable battery

I am quite excited about this quite unsexy thing: batteries. Really looking forward to seeing this technology become products. Even keener than the new optical zoom lens for smartphones that was also invented locally.

I am biased but I hope this stuff would be short listed and even eventually win the Physics Nobel Prize.

The oil companies would hate this. They pretended not to be when I was studying this technology with them long ago.

I risk being happy too soon eh? There is a lot more we need to know about this technology before we can be certain it is good enough. What about energy per unit weight? What about safety? Anything that stores a lot of energy is a fire or explosion risk. And most important, how much?

No comments:

Post a Comment